Category Archives: Northern Mazovia

NIDZICA

NIDZICA

A town in Garb Lubawski, on the Nida River (tributary of Wkra), ok. 15 400 inhabited. Industrial center (precision mechanics – production of x-ray equipment, insulating building materials, wood plants, food processing – m.in. produkcja win i

Białuty

Białuty. In the village there is a parish church. pw. st. James the Elder, brick, with 1884 r., stylless. In łesie to the south. zach. from the village of Białuty a monument erected in 1955 r., sacred 12000 Poles from the camp in Działdowo, shot here by the Nazis in …

KUKLIN

KUKLIN

The village mentioned in 1349. Wooden fil church. pw. st. Anna, erected as a chapel of St. 1754 r. The carcass construction, boarded with batten, single-nave with not separated, chancel closed on three sides. Covered with a gable roof. In the center of the ridge there is an octagonal ridge. Wewnątrz manierystyczny ołtarz główny

Uniszki Zawadzkie

The car park is situated on the ridge of the hills, in the vicinity of the village of Uniszki Zawadzkie.

The main line of Polish defense in September ran along the hills 1939 r. planted in this episode by soldiers from 20 Infantry Division from the army composition "Modlin". W pobliżu parkingu monumentalny

Czarny Bryńsk

W 8 km to the east. gravel road from Górzno – Czarny Bryńsk. The village is located in the center of the Górzno-Lidzbark Landscape Park, among a large forest complex, was established as a result of the administrative division of Bryńsk made in 1772 r. Earlier Bryńsk was in the possession of the Płock bishops. …

GÓRZNO

GÓRZNO

The city is located in the Dobrzyń Lake District, on the Młyńskie lakes (surface 26 ha, depth 6 m) and Górzno (surface 47 ha, depth 16 m), near the west. the edge of the Górzno-Lidzbark Landscape Park. Ok. 1400 inhabited, seat of the commune office. A summer resort.

Jako osada wzmiankowane

LIDZBARK

LIDZBARK

A city on the Urszulewska Plain, located on the Wel River and Lake Lidzbarskie Wielki, to the south. the edge of the Iława Lake District. The name of the city, unlike Lidzbark Warmiński, is sometimes given as Lidzbark Welski. The city is a popular tourist destination. It counts approx. 8400 …

GRÓDKI

GRÓDKI

The village mentioned in 1329 r. Remains of the manor complex from the 19th century. (stable, remnants of the park).
There are a number of archaeological sites near the village. At distance 1 km to the east. from the village 5 large burial mounds from the 6th-4th century. p.n.e., and in the south. …

DEPARTMENT

DEPARTMENT – 1. Teutonic castle 2. Town hall 3. Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross 4. Synagogue 5. Monument and graves of executed Poles 6. Monument in the labor camp established by the Nazis

The city to the south. the end of Garb Lubawski, on the Działdówka river (nazwa górnego

IŁOWO OSADA

IŁOWO OSADA

Village. The seat of the commune office. Former noble village called Iłów, która rozwinęła się w XIX w. dzięki budowie pruskiej kolei malborsko-mławskiej. The Prussian border station was located here. In years 1941-45 hitlerowcy zorganizowali tu obóz dla dzieci.dzięki budowie pruskiej