STRZEGOWO OSAD – A village on the Wkra River. The seat of the commune office. There is a large dairy plant in the village.
Mentioned in the document of the Duke of Płock, Bolesław III z 1349 r. as a settlement on the edge of the Zawkrzańskie forests. W XV w. a parish was erected here.
During the Polish-Bolshevik war 21 of August 1920 r. a fierce battle between the Polish people took place in the vicinity of the village 115 regiment of lancers with 8 Cavalry Brigade of gen. Kamicki (5th Army of the Polish Army) with Bolshevik troops of the 4th army. In years 1941-43 the Nazis established a ghetto here, in which they were held 2000 Jews from nearby towns.
Parish Church. pw. st. Anna, wood, erected in 1756 r. The carcass construction, boarded with batten. Three-nave, with a strongly elongated presbytery, closed on three sides. There is an octagonal ridge on the ridge. Inside, the main mannerist altar from the beginning of the 20th century. XVII w. The remaining equipment is mainly late baroque. Belfry from the 19th century, on a square plan, pole construction, boarded with batten. Jednokondygnacyjna. At the top of the walls after 4 bell openings. Next to the church, there are two pedunculate oaks with the circumference of the trunks 560 i 420 cm.
In front of the school complex, busts of their patrons: Lt. Col.. Antoni Załęskicki "Torfa" – commander of the sub-district "Wkra" BCh, and St.. Stanisław Kostka.
Near the cultural center, there is a monument to those who died for their homeland in the years 1918-20 issued in 1989 r. in a place that no longer exists, pre-war obelisk commemorating the soldiers 115 regiment of fallen lancers 21 of August 1920 r. The new monument was designed by a local sculptor, Mr. Stępkowski. The obelisk is decorated with three reliefs, the middle one is composed of a portrait of Marshal J.. Piłsudski against the background of the eagle. On the police building a plaque devoted to Lt.. Antoni Załęski "Torf".
At the Roman Catholic cemetery there are graves of Polish soldiers from 115 regiment of lancers who fell in 1920 r. and Polish soldiers who died in September 1939 r.
Jewish cemetery established in the 19th century. Fenced, a dozen or so tombstones have survived (macew), the oldest of which comes from 1911 r.
Wooden paltrak windmill from the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries.