The village mentioned in 1398 r., situated on the slope of the moraine hill of the Płock Upland. During World War II, there was a penal labor camp in the building of the local school, in which there were approx. 250 prisoners.
W 1940 r. Nazis murdered approx. 100 Poles, mainly from Płońsk. A stone in front of the school – monument in honor of the murdered, unveiled in 1965 r.