SLUPNEL – A village on the Słupianka river (right tributary of the Vistula). The seat of the commune office.
Former property (from mid. XII w.) of the Order of Norbertines from Płock. During the Polish-Russian war 20-23 September 1831 r. Polish troops were stationed here.
21 September 1831 r. a meeting of the war council was held here, chaired by gen. Maciej Rybiński, which included a motion to the Polish Sejm to stop further armed struggle in the face of the significant advantage of the Russians. This motion was approved two days later at the last session of the same Sejm in Płock. In years 1940-41 two church hierarchs from Płock were held in the local school by the Nazis: Archbishop Antoni Julian Nowowiejski and Suffragan Bishop Leon Wetmański (later murdered by the Germans in the camp in Białuty near Działdowo).
Parish Church. pw. st. Martin wooden, erected in 1753 r., carcass construction, boarded with batten. Three-nave, with a narrower chancel closed on three sides. On the ridge there is an octagonal turret with a turret topped with a domed cupola. Inside, there is a Renaissance main altar from the beginning of the 20th century. XVII w. and a Mannerist side altar in the form of a large ferethrone placed in the altar mensa, coming from the Norbertine Church in Płock. In the porch, a crucifix from the beginning of. XV w. with an expressively curved body. Belfry from the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries., wooden, supported on 3 columns arranged in series. Covered with a gable roof.
An early medieval stronghold situated 2 km to the south. zach. from the church on the bank of Słupianka. Quadrilateral with rounded corners and dimensions 90 on 75 m. Surrounded by a shaft with a base width of up to 25 m and height to 4 m. Dated on the 11th century. An early medieval stronghold situated 2 km to the north. dated 6th-7th centuries, called "Góra Zamkowa" or "The Ridge". The embankment reinforced with field stones has been preserved in some fragments. In the forest, a monument to St. 1947 r. in the place where they were hanged by the Nazis 20 inhabitants of Słupno 28 of August 1942 r.
In the vicinity, the "Kępa Wykowska" nature reserve created in 1994 r. on the surface 248 ha to protect the islands, sandbanks and waters of the Vistula.
4 km to the north. – Miszewko Strzałkowskie. The village mentioned in 1434 r. Parish Church. pw. Assumption of the Virgin Mary built in the years 1910-20, neogotycki, brick masonry, one-aisle, according to the design. Józef Pius Dziekoński. Inside, among others. wooden, rococo baptismal font of St. 1761 r. Brick belfry erected in the 1930s.